You can add fresh or dry goji berries to smoothies, oatmeal, desserts, yogurt. The goji berry contains more vitamin C than oranges. Goji is called the ‘longevity fruit’, so I decided to add goji berries to the mix.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C.
- Mix together the flour, honey, baking powder, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla and goji berries.
- In a small pot melt the butter. Add the dulce de leche and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour the dulce de leche mixture into a round baking pan.
- Layer the apples in a circular pattern with each one overlapping the other.
- Pour the cake batter on top of the apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place a large round plate on top of the cake pan, then flip quickly.